Past-Tracks respects your privacy and is determined to protect your personal data. The purpose of this privacy notice is to inform you as to how we look after your personal data when you visit our website and use our services.
- What is General Data Protection Regulation?
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is a legal framework that sets guidelines for the collection and processing of personal information of individuals within the European Union (EU).
- What constitutes personal information?
Personal information or personal data means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified.
- Where is personal information collected about me?
Past-Tracks collects personal information about you when:
- you sign up for a Chi Walking workshop or guided walk via the event booking site EntryCentral (www.entrycentral.com)
- you sign up for a Chi Walking or guided tour workshop directly by telephone or email
- What personal information does Past-Tracks collect and why?
A) Your first name and last name to identify you personally on the day of the workshop/tour
B) Your email address for sending you confirmation of your booking and any information in advance of the workshop/tour (for example, joining instructions, cancellations etc
C) Your date of birth and gender to identify you personally on the day of the workshop/tour and so that Past-Tracks knows the composition of the group in advance in terms of age and gender
D) Your address to aid in contacting you if any problems occur with payment for the workshop/tour and to know where you are travelling from on the day of the workshop/tour
E) Your telephone number in case we need to telephone you before the workshop/tour (for example, if a workshop/your were to be cancelled)
F) An In Case of Emergency (ICE) name and contact number in case of any emergencies on the day of the workshop/tour
G) Photographs of yourself to help promote Past-Tracks (only if you consent)
H) Any medical information you choose to disclose (by telephone/email) to Past-Tracks in advance of a workshop/tour, to allow the tour/workshop leader to be aware and prepared for any medical situation
I) Before and after video gait analysis (Only for those participants who have booked a three hour Chi Walking workshop)
- What personal information does the Past-Tracks website collect?
The Past-Tracks website stores very limited information about site visitors. However, we do use some external services which may store data about you (see Section 8 below). Please find below what the Past-Tracks website stores and the external services we use below.
- We have a contact us form which allows you to send us a message/enquiry
- The details you fill in are passed to us by email but not stored on the website We will retain the emails sent to us this way and may use your contact details to respond to you about your enquiry
- We have a simple blog which may allow you to post public comments. If you fill in the name and optional email address boxes your details will be stored on the website and shown publicly
- How is your personal data used?
The data you give Past-Tracks is used to:
- Create an event register for participants attending a specific workshop or tour
- Allow Past-Tracks to plan the workshop or tour with the participants in mind
- Provide feedback and Chi Walking recommendations (NB: only for those who book a Chi Walking workshop and receive video gait analysis)
- Create a Past-Tracks internal database (your name and email address only) of everyone who has ever attended a workshop or tour so that Past-Tracks can see ‘at a glance’ which workshops/tours a person has attended and whether they have additionally consented to be on the Past-Tracks mailing list
- Marketing purposes (NB: Only if you have consented for photographs of yourself (without your name being attached) to be used in this way)
Please note that we do not keep or use your personal details (other than your name and email) for any internal database or marketing purposes.
7. How is your data stored?
Workshop/Tour Event Register:
Participant names, address, contact number and ICE details are printed off in paper format in advance of a tour/workshop. The paper copy is then destroyed following the workshop/tour.
The Past-Tracks internal database (see 6D above) data is stored on the Past-Tracks Dropbox account which has a two step verification security system. This record is stored for the life of the Past-Tracks business, however, Past-Tracks will regularly review the personal data we hold, and delete anything we no longer need. Information that does not need to be accessed regularly, but which still needs to be retained, will be safely archived. Personal information will be deleted if you have specifically asked for it to be removed.
Photographs are stored on the Past-Tracks Dropbox account which has a two step verification security system. Photographs are stored for the life of the Past-Tracks business, however, Past-Tracks will regularly review the personal data we hold, and delete anything we no longer need. Information that does not need to be accessed regularly, but which still needs to be retained, will be safely archived. Personal information will be deleted if you have specifically asked for it to be removed.
Before and After videos are taken of participants attending a Chi Walking workshop. The videos are Unlisted YouTube videos and therefore, not available to the public. Videos are stored on YouTube and on the Past-Tracks Dropbox account which has a two step verification security system. Videos are stored for the life of the Past-Tracks business, however, Past-Tracks will regularly review the personal data we hold, and delete anything we no longer need. Information that does not need to be accessed regularly, but which still needs to be retained, will be safely archived. Personal information will be deleted if you have specifically asked for it to be removed.
8. Is my personal information shared with any Third Parties?
Past-Tracks downloads a copy of this information prior to the tour or workshop. Your name and email address are retained on the Past-Tracks internal database, unless you have specifically asked for it to be removed.
For each workshop or tour EntryCentral displays the first and last name of the participants attending the event. Past-Tracks has enabled this option so that participants can see if friends/colleagues have booked.
8.3 Medical Disclosures
Any medical information disclosed to Past-Tracks is completely confidential. The only time that medical data would ever be shared with a third party if it was in the vital interests of the person, as part of an medical emergency.
8.4 Google Analytics
Consent is required for Past-Tracks to process your personal data in the ways described above. When you sign up for a workshop or tour we will send you a Sign Up form where you can choose how your personal information is used by Past-Tracks.
You may withdraw your consent at any time by following the ‘Unsubscribe’ link on the Mailchimp newsletters and/or getting in contact with Past-Tracks (see below).
10. Who do I contact for more information?
For more information or to make a complaint please contact Biddy Simpson, Past-Tracks, New Danna, Tayvallich, Lochgilphead, Argyll and Bute, PA31 8PQ, 01546 870642, email@example.com
If this does not resolve your complaint to your satisfaction, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioners Office on 0303 1231113 or via email or at the Information Commissioner's Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF, England, UK.
Past-Tracks May 16th 2018